To achieve Misean Cara’s goals, a considered, long-term strategy is essential. Our 2017-2022 strategy was inspired, informed and shaped by the voices of over 1,000 people across nine countries, including Misean Cara members and the poor and marginalised communities they serve.
The strategic approach that currently guides our actions and initiatives was set out for 2017 - 2022 and is built on five pillars:
1. Uphold the right to quality education
2. Uphold the right to better health, clean water and sanitation
3. Uphold the right to sustainable livelihoods
4. Uphold and advocate for human rights
5. Enhance and promote the missionary approach to development
These pillars are underpinned by missionary values:
We show due regard for the feelings, needs and rights of others and the environment.
We are in solidarity with those who are marginalised and advocate for what is right, fair and appropriate.
We have a long-term dedication to, and accompaniment of, people amongst whom we live.
We must have empathy with, and understanding of, the reality lived by others.
We ensure that all our activities are characterised by transparency and accountability.