Misean Cara is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the position of Administrator for a Specified Purpose Contract of 3 years. Reporting to the Office & HR Manager, the Administrator will work alongside one other Administrator and an Administrative Assistant. This is a cross organisational role supporting five teams in Misean Cara and varies in complexity and range in terms of the tasks and responsibilities involved.
The purpose of this role is to assist in ensuring the smooth and efficient running of all aspects of the office. This role contributes to Misean Cara’s critical success factor of enhancing organisational excellence.
Founded in 2004, Misean Cara is a faith-based development organisation of 91 member organisations who are committed to working with and for some of the most marginalised and vulnerable communities in the world. Our members live within marginalised communities and work in the areas of education, health, sustainable livelihoods and human rights. Our members deliver high quality project results and have a deep-rooted presence in over 50 countries. With funding of €15.5 million in 2019 from Irish Aid, Mission Cara is seeking to develop a diverse range of other sustainable funding streams so we may continue to work in ways that transform lives while respecting the integrity of local cultures. Our Strategy 2017-2021 sets out five key objectives:
- Uphold the right to quality education
- Uphold the right to better health, clean water and sanitation
- Uphold the right to sustainable livelihoods
- Uphold and advocate for human rights
- Enhance and promote the Missionary Approach to Development
Reports to: The Administrator will report to the Office & HR Manager.
- In conjunction with the other Administrator, coordinate support to the office of the CEO, Funding, Donor Engagement & Communications, Learning & Development and Finance teams
- Record decisions from Project Assessment Committee (PAC) meetings using Misean Cara’s online project management system in real time
- Take Minutes for a variety of meetings (staff, executive, etc.)
- Draft letters for a variety of purposes including visa support applications, Embassy requests, membership enquiries, etc. Meet and greet visitors and occasional reception cover
- To assist with administrative tasks around recruitment processes
- Provide cover for other Administrator on a range of tasks including grant payments, health and safety, timesheets, etc.
- Provide support to colleagues as requested
Logistics & Suppliers
- Provide procurement support using eTender and other sources
- Coordinate office facilities and maintenance in conjunction with the other Administrator
- Provide logistical support for internal and external meetings, workshops, events (ranging from a 12 people to 100 people)
- Follow up with suppliers on any issues regarding invoices or goods
- Act as a liaison point for consultants and third-party contractors
- Manage stationery, household, building and equipment supplies so that office is adequately equipped, respecting budgetary limits
- Provide analysis and research support as requested
- Ensure accuracy of office calendars
- Assist in document management (retrieval, filing, archiving and any data access requests) of hard and soft data
- Provide project support
- To conduct routine data back-ups
- To coordinate the supply of ICT equipment for staff travelling or attending external events
Member Support and Liaison
- Respond to general queries and forward specialised queries to relevant staff members
- Monitor IT Helpdesk emails and respond in a timely manner
- Support with funding proposal and contracts as required
- Support in advance of field visits
- Support during events such as AGM and Members’ Meetings
- Process order requisitions, invoices and payments in liaison with the Finance Team
- Follow up with suppliers of goods and services on any issues in relation to invoices or goods and carry out all filing related to same
- Support for audits
- Ad hoc finance tasks as required
- To work flexibly and undertake any other tasks and responsibilities in support of the overall work of Misean Cara, as may be assigned by the line manager
- To work in a professional manner at all times to reflect the values and culture of Misean Cara
Experience and qualifications
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in administration in a professional office environment
- Relevant qualification such as public administration, secretarial studies, accountancy, business studies
- ICT skills
- Advanced MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook
- IT project management system
- Salesforce calendar
The essential skills and attributes required
of the Admin Assistant are:
- Excellent customer focus and people skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Strong communication skills including tact, diplomacy and discretion
- A thorough and methodical approach to your work.
- Attention to detail and accuracy essential
- Ability to prioritise a large workload, multi-task and work to strict deadlines. A completer/finisher of tasks.
- Aptitude for creating, editing complex spreadsheets using Excel. Strong numeracy skills.
- Knowledge of GDPR
- Ability to show initiative in solving problems in an analytical and practical way
- Team oriented and collaborative with a flexible attitude
- A high degree of self-sufficiency and initiative
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic with a “can do” attitude.
- The candidate should have a positive, helpful and cheerful attitude
Additional skills and attributes that would be desirable are:
- Experience using an IT project management system
- Experience using Salesforce or similar CRM
- Social media and tech-savvy
- Experience working in a membership type organisation or not-for-profit organisation
- An affinity with development work undertaken by missionaries
- Interest in international development issues
- The post is offered on a three-year
Specified Purpose Contract basis
- Salary range €28,000 to €36,000 DOE
- 42 hour week (37 hours net); Monday to Thursday, 09:00 to 17:30 and Friday 09:00 to 17:00
- 9 months’ probationary period
- Pension entitlement after probation
- Life assurance
- 24 days annual leave + 1 day mental health entitlement
- Training will be provided on Misean Cara’s bespoke IT Project Management System (MissionLinks) and Conga (data extraction plug in)
- Supportive team environment
- An induction programme will be prepared for the successful incumbent in the first weeks
- All positions in Misean Cara are subject to full reference checks and medical.
To apply: please send a cover letter (max one page) outlining how your motivation, experience and skills fit the role and an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Please insert “Administrator” in the subject line.
Misean Cara is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.
Closing date: Friday, 14th February 2020 at midday
Interviews: Friday, 21st February 2020