*Please note that all funding is only available to Misean Cara members, and their affiliates.
We support projects that reinforce efforts to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and which express the enduring values and distinctive ethos that missionaries bring to development work.
As an Irish faith-based development organisation working with missionary organisations, we acknowledge the historic and ongoing contribution of our member organisations to the relief of suffering and the promotion of justice in poor communities throughout the world. Furthermore, we also strive to support the development objectives laid out in Ireland’s policy for international development, ‘A Better World’ and in additional papers on areas such as Civil Society, Education, HIV and AIDS, Hunger etc.
We provide support for our members’ work, which serves the needs of some of the most marginalised and vulnerable people in the developing world. We have four strategic objectives that underpins the development work we fund.
- Objective 1: Support high quality formal and informal education initiatives.
- Objective 2: Support high quality health care initiatives.
- Objective 3: Support high quality income-generation and livelihoods initiatives.
- Objective 4: Support high quality advocacy and human rights initiatives aimed at challenging the structural causes of poverty, marginalisation and injustice.
Within these objectives we provide funding for missionary development initiatives that deliver vital support, which complements state led responses to the provision of access to education and health.
We prioritise support for initiatives aimed at tackling the root and structural causes of poverty, marginalisation and injustice in areas such as education and health.
We also welcome projects that take innovative approaches to fighting poverty, which are well researched and justified.
We fund projects in the following sectors:
- Income Generation & Livelihoods
- Human Rights